About San Miguel School
The Goal of Our Mission
A San Miguel education is designed to prepare students for high school and beyond - typically college or vocational training - to help them become productive adults and break the cycle of poverty. Funding Our Mission San Miguel is an independent, gratuitous school, meaning 95% of the operating funds come from donations, grants and fundraising. Parents provide a modest “copay” for their child’s education, and contribute to the school by giving their time and talent.
- Rigorous curriculum
- Dedicated faculty
- Small classes: 12:1 student:teacher ratio
- Extended school days and 10-month school year
- Emphasis on language arts and math
- Emphasis on character building: perseverance, responsibility, positivity and service
- Holistic approach to forming students’ mind, body and spirit
- Learning steeped in the Lasallian Catholic tradition
Director of Development
Parent Volunteer Coordinator
- Dennis Donnelly
- David McBride
- Susan Rackley
- Cheryl West
- Jerri Berna--Educator/Coach, Bishop Kelley High School
- Katie Boudreau--Educator
- Dennis Caruso--Caruso Law Firm, P.C.
- Mike Dill--Retired Sr. V.P., American Funds Distributors
- Lawrence Doyle-- Retired V.P., Praxair, Inc.
- Joe Griffin--CEO, Intensity Midstream, LLC
- Wm. Dennis Ingram--President, Arkoma Power
- Mike Ledbetter--Sanguine Gas Exploration
- David Limekiller—GableGotwals Law Firm
- Louis Medina--Senior V.P., Blue Sky Bank
- Br. Richard Merkel, F.S.C.--Educator, Bishop Kelley High School
- Melissa Minshall Paulsen--President, Minshall Oil & Gas
- Robert Sullivan--President, Sullivan & Company
Admission to San Miguel is based on economic and educational need. Families must qualify for the Federal Free or Reduced Lunch program to enroll in San Miguel Tulsa, therefore each student qualifies for scholarship financial aid. (more detail regarding an application and FACT forms are available for parents at the school office). You can also visit the FACTS website for more information.
The application and admission process will begin on November 15 and conclude on May 14th. Applications may be requested by calling the school office at 918-728-7337